READS Coffee Roasters Limited (‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information. We will only share your data when required by law and with organisations that provide essential services to process an order, i.e. delivery service and payment processing service.
Information We May Collect
We may collect information which you provide through our website (readscoffee.co.uk) when you set up an online account, place an order or when you contact us, whether this be by email, telephone, post or otherwise. If you are a webshop customer or individual, the data we may collect includes your name, shipping address, billing address, phone number and email address. If you are a wholesale customer, the data we may collect includes but is not limited to your name, business name, address, email address, phone number, VAT number, delivery address and other information about your business, such as: type of business, equipment and estimated monthly volume, which we collect in order to contact you to discuss your request or requirements.
If you place an order through our online shop your card details are processed by a third-party payment processor and are not held by us. More information about our third-party payment processor can be found below.
We may also collect technical information including your IP address (a numerical label assigned to your computer that is recorded by our servers when you access the Site), browser type and operating system. We do not store or analyse this data in a way that identifies any individual.
How We May Use This Information
Our purpose in collecting information from you is to provide an efficient, meaningful and customised experience . We may use this information to:
- Process an order you have placed;
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered by you and us;
- Provide you with information or products which you request from us;
- Verify your identity;
- Monitor and analyse how our website is being used so we can improve and develop;
- Notify you about important changes to our services;
- Where you have explicitly consented, we may also use your details to send you information about other developments or services that may be of interest to you.
Disclosure Of Your Information
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
We may disclose your information to:
- third parties if we are under a legal obligation to do so.
- third party service providers to fulfil orders placed through the website, such as Royal Mail, courier services and Sage Pay.
- search engine providers (such as Google Analytics) to monitor and analyse how our website is being used so we can improve and develop
Third Party Payment Providers
Legal basis for the processing
Legitimate interests – if processing is necessary for your interests, for example, informing you of a delay in your delivery, this is done using legitimate interests as a legal basis.
Retaining Your Personal Information
Personal information that we collect, access or process will be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes for which it was collected, unless otherwise provided in agreements between you and Reads Coffee Roasters Ltd. or as required or authorized by law. Personal information that is no longer required to fulfil the identified purposes will be destroyed, erased or made de-identified.
Accessing And Updating Your Information
You can contact us directly by phone or email to:
- ask us what information we hold about you
- update or correct your personal information
- exercise your rights, subject to applicable laws, to request that we delete or restrict access to your personal data.
If you have an account, you can log in to see the information we have stored for you and update your information within your account. We may need to retain data for legally permitted purposes and this will be explained to you if necessary.
Access By Children
This website is not directed toward children under 13 years of age and Reads Coffee Roasters Ltd. does not knowingly collect or use information from children under 13 without verifiable parental consent. If you believe that a child has provided personal information to us, please contact us and we will endeavour to investigate and delete such information from our systems.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies; however, you may delete or disable cookies using settings in your browser. For more information on cookies, including how to delete or disable cookies, go to www.aboutcookies.org. Please note that if you decide to disable cookies, parts of our site may not work as intended.